Here are my 5 tips to live with
less:
1 Clean out your closet If you haven’t worn something
in the last year, you probably won’t wear it again. Get rid of it!
Take to your local consignment shop and make some easy cash, give it a
way, or donate. I promise if
you haven’t worn it in a whole year, you will not miss it.
2 Away with mindless shopping Unless you absolutely love something,
do not buy it! I made a couple of
big purchases this last year including a spilt board and a pair of Steve Madden
boots. I purchased these items because I absolutely love them, so I have no
buyer’s remorse. We often purchase
items just because they are on sale or it’s such a good deal that we can’t pass
it up. Remember this, it is never
a good idea to purchase something, no matter how good of a deal it is, if you
will never use it and are not in love with it. Sales racks are alluring, but often encourage mindless
shopping.
3 Don’t
associate things with experiences I few years ago my boyfriend got me a waffle maker for
Christmas. I was so excited, I thought we would use it all the time and make
breakfast for our roommates.
Unfortunately, we have only used it once, on Christmas morning. I really just wanted a way for all us
to spend more time together, and we didn’t need a waffle maker to do that.
4 Borrow We easily could have borrowed a waffle maker that
Christmas morning, and still enjoyed our banana foster waffle party. Borrowing is a great way to start
living with less. Borrowing
is huge for things that you will most likely only use once anyway, such as
books or party dresses. My sister
even borrowed her wedding dress.
5 Trade If you need something, before buying it, first spread
the word what you are looking for.
You will be surprised what a little word of mouth around friends can
do. I once traded a new hoodie
for a pair of used goggles, and we both left the trade satisfied. It is always a bonus if you can get rid
of something when gaining something new.
My biggest tip is to remember, “the more you own, the more it owns you.”
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment